The Air Reactor is amazing for its ability to remove so many harmful contaminants from the indoor environment, but perhaps its biggest contribution is to the mold sensitive community. The Air Reactor’s ability to destroy mold and mycotoxins at the molecular level, both in the air and on surfaces, has allowed mold sensitive people to heal and recovery in the indoor environment that once made them sick. There are so many testimonials from people poisoned by mold and mycotoxin exposure who spent tens of thousands of dollars on failed remediations before ultimately finding success with the Air Reactor.
If you suffer from mold poisoning, if you’ve had your home remediated only to find it’s making you sick once more, or if you’ve just found mold in your home and are looking for a safe and effective product to destroy the mold and mycotoxins, give the Air Reactor a try and experience the difference for yourself.
HiTech Air Solutions provides a 30 day money back guarantee and is the only company to offer a Pre/Post Testing Protocol Guarantee that will provide a refund if there is not at least a 30% reduction (most tests have an 80% to 90% reduction) on the post-test results. HiTech Air Solutions will also reimburse the cost of the Pre and Post Test up to $300.00 (total combined) if the proper protocol has been followed and proof of testing was provided. Contact us with questions or for additional details.
Mold can often be hiding just below the surface.
Bethany had successfully been using the Air Reactors in her own home for several months and knew that her Dad needed the units to address his home too. Her Dad purchased two of the Model 101's from us in November 2020 to address his approximately 2,000 sq. ft. single story home. Here's Bethany's story about her first visit back to her Dad's home in June 2022.
My dad's house in Tennessee was **RIDDLED** with stachy... to the point even being in the driveway would send me straight in orbit! (No joke!) He had active mold growing in his bedroom closets and in some of the cabinets due to water leaks from frozen broken pipes and water intrusions from crazy Tennessee storms. That damage was all "fixed" but I told him that if he didn't get Hi-techs to kill the residual mold & mycotoxins that was left from the water damage I wouldn't ever be able to come visit him again (at his house) because of the mold and mycotoxins there were just ASTRONOMICAL! They themselves were also dealing with an onslaught of symptoms due to all the mold. My stepmom is a stroke victim and is wheelchair bound now (mold probably had a hand in this as well). Dad finally got the machines in November of 2020.
We were just now finally able (and brave enough) to go back to Tennessee to visit him this past June and I was in tears! Those machines had cleared up **EVERYTHING** I didn't react whatsoever! I can't tell you how much we were all soooo ELATED to be able to visit comfortably without having to try and find somewhere else "safe" for us to be able to visit. They are in their late 70's both with *major* mobility issues (dad has late stage chronic lyme) I can't tell you how relieved I was to know that my dad is now breathing safe clean air and that I can safely visit now and if there's an emergency and we have to run back up to Tennessee we can do that without having to worry about being assaulted by mold.
This was the ULTIMATE test in my book!
-Bethany De La Cruz | July, 2022
The Difference Between Killing Mold and Destroying Mold
Why is it important to distinguish between killing mold and destroying it at a molecular level? Products that kill mold spores still leave the dead spore or spore fragments in your indoor environment. Proteins on the surface of a dead mold spore are just as allergenic as a protein on a live spore. Even fragments of spores or other components of a fungal colony can cause serious health issues.
Molds can produce a byproduct as it grows and matures called a mycotoxin. Mycotoxins are highly toxic, secondary metabolites produced by some molds. Mycotoxins are invisible, tasteless, chemically stable and resistant to temperature changes. Almost all mycotoxins disrupt various cellular structures and interfere with vital cellular processes such as protein, RNA and DNA synthesis. Many mold-sick people have health issues not only due to mold but the mycotoxins they produce.
Mycotoxins vary in potency depending on the mold that produces them. Humans are not specifically targeted by mycotoxins but can be caught in the crossfire of the biochemical warfare among different molds and bacteria competing for the same space.
Mycotoxin exposure from indoor mold growth can affect the Nervous system, Vascular system, Respiratory system, Digestive system, Cutaneous system, Urinary system, Reproductive system, and Immune system.
Because mycotoxins are carried in the outer shell of the spores, any fragments of cell-wall material derived from mold colonies can carry the same toxins as intact spores. Mycotoxin release is a passive process, so even when a spore is dead, it can still act as a source of poisons. Since mold spore fragments will not germinate on culture plates, attempts to culture fungi from an air sample may result in what appears to be a room free of mold, even though toxic fragments remain as a source of contamination in the room. Likewise, the small size of the fragments relative to whole spores, and their irregular shapes, would make these particles hidden from investigators trained to count spores on microscope slides.
Since mycotoxin molecules are a much smaller molecule than the mold spore itself, it is much easier for them to travel throughout a structure and thru the ductwork. Mold spores are typically 1-6 microns in size while a mycotoxin metabolite is 0.1 micron (that’s about 1/1000th the size of a human hair). This small size, therefore, makes it easy to inhale the mycotoxin or for it to be absorbed through the skin. Spore fragments can mist lung linings with mycotoxins even when very few complete spores are inhaled.
The most common species of molds that produce mycotoxins include:
Mold remediations often fail to address the mycotoxin issue since often the only thing addressing the air in a mold contaminated building are air scrubbers using HEPA filtration. HEPA filtration is only required to remove 99.97% of particles of .3 microns or larger which isn’t adequate to address the mycotoxins which can be 0.1 microns in size.
The Air Reactor destroys mold and mycotoxins at the molecular level
What does positive and negative pressure in my home have to do with mold?
Depending on the direction of the air flow, the movement of moisture in the air can result in areas of high humidity. If condensation occurs, one of the needs of mold growth is met. High concentrations of humidity will equalize by migrating to lower humidity areas. So, if an attic has high humidity or a crawlspace has moist air from the ground below, it can be drawn into the wall or floor cavities by negative pressure in the home. The difference in temperature between the outside and the inside of the home can allow the humid air to condensate where warm air meets a cold surface, providing the water needed for mold to start growing.
One system that can cause pressure imbalances is the HVAC system. Leaky supply ducts create a negative pressure within the house, causing outside air to force its way into the house. Think of it this way, the blower on the HVAC unit must pull in as much air in as it pushes out. It’s pulling air in through the return ducts from the house and pushing air out into the supply ducts into the house in a constant cycle. If there were no leaks in the home the air volume that is pushed out through the supplies would go right back into return ducts and be cycled back through at a 1:1 ratio. However, if there is a leak in the supply ducts then some of the air that is being pushed out by the blower is not making it into the conditioned space but is leaking to the “outside”. The blower still requires the same amount of air volume to be pulled in via the return ducts, so it must pull air from somewhere outside the conditioned space to make up for the air lost to the leaking supply duct. One area that it can pull this make up air from is cracks and openings around light switches and outlets. Because the openings are very small the return air must be pulled from these small areas at a greater velocity. This higher velocity disturbs the air within the wall cavities and can cause the small mold spores to become airborne pulling them into adjacent rooms and eventually into the ductwork. The ductwork provides a pathway for the mold spores to be moved into the other areas of the home.
The video above shows one way to test for negative air pressure using a smoke pencil. In this video you can see the column of smoke being pushed to the right by the air being drawn into the building through the switch cutout. When the smoke pencil is moved away from the cutout you see the smoke column returns to vertical.
The opposite occurs with leaky return ducts. Leaky return ducts cause positive pressure within the house. This pushes air out of the house via the paths of least resistance—doors, windows, and pathways around electric and plumbing penetrations and gaps in insulation. In winter, when we humidify the inside air, this humid air is forced outside through cracks and openings. When this warm moist air hits portions of the cold outside wall, it can condense and cause mold.
Improper attic ventilation can also cause negative pressure issues within the home. During the summer months if the attic is unable to vent the hot air adequately, it can build up and cause the attic to pressurize enough to start pushing the hot air down into improperly sealed wall cavities. In areas with high humidity this hot humid air can condensate on the cool back side of drywall providing the moisture needed for mold growth.